EzyShield Commercial is a robust panel machined with a weather-enduring profile and manufactured to AS/NZS 2269-2008. EzyShield Commercial has been pioneered and developed by Boral Plywood over the last 20 years and is part of some of Australia's biggest infrastructure projects such as Melbourne's Eastlink, the Pacific
Highway from Brisbane to Surfers Paradise and many train corridors through Australia.
EzyShield has also been used on some of New Zealand’s largest infrastructural projects such as Auckland’s State Highway 20 Motorway Re-development, and Project DART, the $600m upgrade of the Auckland Rail Network.
The product is designed to meet the needs of shielding home owners and pedestrians from road or rail noise nuisances. It can be built over 6 metres high and being light, compared to stone or concrete, can be installed in difficult terrain or sensitive sites. As a modular system the EzyShield Commercial fence solution can be easily modified at minimal cost should the requirements for noise abatement change in particular installations.
Features and benefits
- Lightweight and easy to install with a tongue and groove joining system
- Very high acoustic performance: up to 30dB reduction, depending on sound generation conditions
- Available in CoreTreat or CCA treatment against termites and fungus to H3 or H4 Hazard Level
- Supplied with a 40 YEAR WARRANTY against glue failure
- Offers a broad design scope and can be used in conjunction with other building materials
- Offers up to STC 24 for 24mm and STC 28 for 33mm (NAL Report AFT480 and AFT481 respectively)
Hampden Fence and Fence-It are New Zealand's only accredited installation partners for EzyShield Commercial.
EzyShield is available in the following sizes with other sizes available on request:
- Thickness: 24 mm, 27 mm and 33 mm
- Width: 1200 mm (cut to size 600 mm / 400 mm)
- Length: 2400 mm and 2700 mm
EzyShield is manufactured with a rippled profile designed to control climatic weathering that may occur over time. To increase the stability of the EzyShield Commercial fence, timber battens fixed in the middle of the sheets or bays are recommended.
Sound Transmission Class (STC)
The National Acoustic Laboratories measured the acoustic transmission loss of two thicknesses of EzyShield and obtained the ratings shown below:
- EzyShield 24mm 14kg/m≤ - STC24*
- EzyShield 33mm 18kg/m≤ - STC28*
*National Acoustic Laboratories Reports AFT480 and AFT481 respectively
A tongue and groove joining system is used to couple panel edges, giving a strong, warp resistant structure.
Steel, timber or concrete posts may be used. Panels are usually installed horizontally due to their cross dimensional stability therefore requiring fewer posts. It should be noted that fences over 2000mm in height should only be installed on steel posts (Galvanised UBs) using non-direct fixing method (See Figure 2.0).
Some popular design options combine glass or acrylic clear panels and steel, allowing highways, roads, pedestrian walkways and cycle ways to be safer with more light and less chance of vandalism.